Nebia customers have the option to select between two versions of Nebia by Moen, each compatible with a specific shower configuration.
1. Overhead Water Outlet with in-wall BSPT fittings
- This setup will not require any additional steps and will follow the same installation instructions as the standard North American model. See install guide here.
2. Waist-High Water Outlet with BSPP fittings (common in Europe)
- The water outlet can be located both above head or at waist height as seen in the graphic below. However, this is the only option available for customers with waist-high water outlets.
- This setup will require a few additional steps, including drilling into your wall. See install video and guide here.
- This option is not available for backers with NPT fittings (in North America). We know that some of you have requested it, and we are really sorry that we aren’t able to provide it yet. We are looking into it for some point in the future.
- This is the only option available for Australian customers.
- The waist-high water outlet version of Nebia by Moen will mount perfectly against the bathroom wall and will not require an adapter kit. Instead, it will come with an additional hose that will attach to the water source. If you order the Combo, the hose will match the Wand hose. It will come with a separate mount and three screws that can be easily installed (see the instructions below). The user can decide where to install their Nebia by Moen, and at what height, as long as the hose reaches the water outlet.
- Trim/temperature controls not included with the Nebia by Moen.
- The waist-high compatible version will require screwing into your wall in order to mount.
Installation Requirements for Nebia by Moen Waist-High:
- At least 115°F/46°C
- At least 20psi/1.4bar
- The water outlet must be in a wall (not the ceiling), or waist-high.
- The recommended floor to water outlet distance is 72"-84"(183-213cm).
- The minimum clearance from water outlet to ceiling is 4" (10cm).
- Make sure there is 25" (64cm) of clear space between your shower arm and the top of the trim/temperature controls.
- The minimum clearance from the nearest sidewall is 5" (13cm).
- Your wall must have 1 1⁄2" BSPT pipe connection (this is standard in most bathrooms outside of North America).
- For slate tile walls, you will have to use the included screws instead of the adhesive pads to secure the bracket and wand dock.
- All orders shipping to countries outside of North America will receive ½" BSPT pipe thread install kits. BSPT stands for British Standard Pipe Thread and ½" is the standard plumbing connections used outside of North America.
- The waist-high shower connection will require screwing into your wall in order to mount.
- All customers in Australia will automatically receive a waist-high ½" BSPT shower. The waist-high shower connection will require screwing into your wall.