Believe us, we really wanted to make the Nebia by Moen Wand work independently of the Overhead. We couldn’t include that feature for regulatory reasons, which are designed to protect people from scalding. The flow rate of the Wand is about 0.4 gpm, whereas the flow rate of the Rainshower is about 1.35 gpm. For many shower valves, when the flow rate suddenly switches from 1.75 gpm to 0.4 gpm, the temperature can also suddenly increase, which creates a potential for scalding. While we don’t think there is much risk of scalding for this product, we had to stay in compliance with these rules. We fully understand the many reasons why you would want to use the Wand without the Rainshower. We’re working on delivering this feature, completely safely, in future products.
Articles in this section
- What are the key differences between Nebia 2.0 and Nebia by Moen?
- Can I use the Wand by itself, with the Rainshower turned off?
- What material are your products made from and where are they manufactured?
- Is Nebia by Moen EPA WaterSense certified?
- What certifications does Nebia by Moen have?