Nebia Hooks can be installed using a screw and wall anchor (which involves drilling into your wall) or using a strong adhesive glue. If installing the hooks on drywall, we recommend using the screw-in method. See Install Guide: Screw-In Method.
- Decide where to mount your Nebia Hook. Use a pencil to trace around the drywall plate where you would like to place the hook.
- With the alcohol wipe, clean the wall surface inside the trace mark and let the surface dry.
- Clean the rear of the hook with an alcohol wipe and let it dry.
- Peel off the protective liner to expose the adhesive on the tape.
- Apply 3 small dots of glue to the rear of the hook. Re-cover the glue tube and store it at room temperature in a dry location.
- Place the hook in its desired wall location with the hook pointing upwards and press the hook firmly against the wall for 15 seconds.
- Let the adhesive cure for 24 hours. Do not load the hook and avoid wetting the adhesive during this time. After 24 hours, the hook is ready to use and can hold up to 7.5lbs (3.4kg).
Install guide: screw-in method (click to download)
- Use the drywall plate as a guide, with the larger screw hole towards the bottom, to trace the screw hole with a pencil.
- *If screwing into wood, you can skip this step. Use the drill to drill a 1⁄4” hole into the wall where the pencil mark is located and insert the wall anchor until it is fully seated. The anchor may take gentle hammering to fully install.
- Use a screwdriver to screw the drywall plate to the wall. Once the plate is aligned vertically with a level, use a hammer to drive the nail fully into the plate’s smaller top hole.
- Clean the drywall plate’s surface with an alcohol wipe and let it dry for 30-seconds.
- Apply 3 small dots of glue on the front face of the drywall plate at the approximate locations shown in the diagram.
- Peel off the protective liner on the rear of the hook to expose the adhesive on the tape. Using a level to ensure correct orientation, slowly mount the hook to the drywall plate. Press firmly against the wall for 15 seconds.
- Let the adhesive cure for 24 hours. Do not load the hook and avoid wetting the adhesive during this time. After 24 hours, the hook is ready to use and can hold items up to 7.5lbs (3.4kg).