The adhesive can only be used one time as it is designed for single-use applications. If the dock has fallen off the shower wall, the first thing you will need to do is order a new dock adhesive by following the links below:
While you are waiting for the new kit to arrive, you can get a jump start by removing the old adhesive.
When you re-install the dock, here are a few pro tips that will help the second time around. Step 2.1 is specifically for Nebia by Moen and step 2.2 is for the Nebia Spa Shower 2.0 & 1.0:
- Preparation: Once the old adhesive is removed, and the wall is nice and dry, use the priming pen to help with adhesion. Start by shaking the pen while pressing on the black circle until you hear a pop. The liquid will now soak into the foam tip. Apply the primer to the dock baseplate and the area on the wall where the adhesive will make contact. Allow 5 minutes for the primer to dry.
- Re-installing with silicone sealant:
- Nebia by Moen - Start by removing the red protective lining from the wall side of the dock adhesive. Next, stick the baseplate to the wall by pressing it firmly against the wall for 60 seconds. Now use a small amount of silicone sealant to line the perimeter of the baseplate. Wipe away any excess with a q-tip or damp towel. Note: the sealant will be transparent when fully cured.
- Nebia 2.0 & 1.0 - Start by removing the red protective lining from the wall side of the dock adhesive. Next, use a small amount of silicone sealant to fill in the inner circle of the dock baseplate, not on the adhesive. An even layer, about a quarter-sized amount, is all you will need, if too much is used it will interfere with the adhesive. Now, stick the dock to the wall by pressing it firmly against the tile for 60 seconds. For added strength, you can also add a bead between where the outer edge of the dock meets the tile wall. Wipe away any excess with a q-tip or damp towel. Note: the sealant will be transparent when fully cured.
- Let the adhesive dry for 24 hours (minimum): Wait as long as you can before re-installing the docking dome or turning on the water. The adhesive and silicone sealant needs time to properly cure/dry before getting wet, supporting the weight of the wand, or re-installing the docking dome. Overnight is good, 24 hours is better, 72 hours is best. The adhesive and silicone sealant will reach 100% strength in 72 hours (we realize that’s a long time to wait, often too long). At room temperature, the bond strength will reach approximately 50% after 20 minutes, 90% after 24 hours, and 100% after 72 hours.